Thursday, September 23, 2010

Altered Clipboards

I altered a couple of clipboards a few years ago. One was given as a gift and the other never quite got finished. When I saw this idea by Rebecca at Roots & Wings Co. I had already made up a homework caddy because of one I saw on their blog (it is written by sisters and sisters-in-law) and shared with my friend Lisa. So we decided to alter some clipboards. We both have 4 kids so you know we need all the organizing help we can get. She made 6 boards (for her and her husband as well) and I made 4 for my kids. It took a few days because of the glue we used for the paper and because I wanted to use varnish on them like I use for my washi eggs and tea boxes. I also used alcohol inks on the metal clip since paint scratches right off. Name tags were laminated and then tied on so they would hang straight while the board is hanging on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment